To access the Backup Settings of your Desktop app here is what you need to do:
Simply, log in to your Desktop App and click on 'Settings' (bottom left side of the interface) This will take you to the main Settings screen of your Desktop app. Go to 'Backup Center'.
In the backup center, you can create and manage secure backups of your data, you will see a list of all available backups and their date of creation
You can choose to export the backup, restore the backup, open the file location on your computer and delete available backups by selecting on the three dots on the right-hand side of the backup name.
You can create a backup, by simply clicking on ‘Create a backup’ on the top right side of that list. Similarly, to restore a backup from a file available on your computer, simply click on ‘Restore from file’.
By default, backups are generated every seven days. To update the backup interval, simply go to the 'Desktop App Settings' > Navigate to 'Backup Interval' under 'Settings' and hover over '7' to change the number of days under the 'Backup Interval' section.
The backup path is the default storage location on your backup file. Depending on your computer’s Operating System Backup folder for your database is located in one of the following default locations:
- On Windows: Navigate to your 'Documents' Folder > 'Applications' Folder > Select 'Applications' > 'Myki' > 'Data' > 'Daemon'.
- On Mac: Go to your 'Documents' Folder > 'Cmd+Up' Arrow , this will direct you to the 'Applications' Folder > Select 'Applications' > 'Myki' > 'Data' > 'Daemon'.
To change the location of your Backups, simply click on the 'Backup Path' tab
and choose the location of where you’d like your Myki backups to be stored on your computer.
Once selected, you will be able to find your backups in the new location.
How you can reach us
If at any point in time you need our assistance here's how you can reach us
- On the live chat support available on the app, the portal, and the website. Look for this black icon at the bottom right of the screen.
- Via email at email@example.com
- By booking an on boarding call with your point of contact - they will be happy to assist you at any time